Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Shadows

I had given my students a word to use as a theme over the past weekend for their shooting assignment-"Shadows."  When I make an assignment like this, I always keep it open to their interpretation, hoping they'll come up with something less obvious or literal.  When someone does, it's more fun for me as a their teacher to see their creativity.  As usual, some didn't start the assignment until after downloads were due, but others did have some good examples and experimented with light and shadow-great to see.  Since this was all on my mind, this morning I decided to pull out a photo from last winter that really had little to do with nature and everything to do with shadow and composition.  This was one of my favorites from that morning.

1 comment:

  1. This one is so neat! I really like it and especially how the plants are curled!

    ReplyDelete